- Who is Andreas Caminada?
Andreas Caminada is the head chef of the internationally acclaimed Schloss Schauenstein restaurant in Switzerland with 3 Michelin stars and 19 Gault & Millau Points. The Swiss-born chef also helms two IGNIV restaurants in the Swiss Alps at St. Moritz and Bad Ragaz.
- What is Schloss Schauenstein?
Schloss Schauenstein is a fine dining restaurant located in Fürstenau, Graubünden, Switzerland. The renowned restaurant is located in a castle whose history dates back to 1257 and also housing nine unique, individually decorated guestrooms. Andreas Caminada is the head chef and leased holder of the property. The renowned restaurant currently holds 3 Michelin stars and 19 Gault & Millau Points.
- Who is in charge at IGNIV Bangkok?
The kitchen team of IGNIV Bangkok will be led by Head Chef David Hartwig, a longtime collaborator of Chef Andreas and formerly one of his most promising talents at the 3 Michelin-starred Schloss Schauenstein in Fürstenau, Switzerland.Working alongside Chef David to bring IGNIV’s fine dining sharing experience to life is German-born Chef Arne Riehn who was also personally selected by IGNIV founder Andreas Caminada as Sous Chef and Pastry Chef for IGNIV Bangkok. In his dual role, Chef Arne assists in all aspects of planning and managing the kitchen, and is in charge of IGNIV’s signature Candy Store and its tempting range of unlimited post-dessert delights to bring home.In charge of managing and overseeing the entire restaurant operation as Restaurant Manager is Thai national Regina D’Souza.
- What is IGNIV?IGNIV is a Swiss fine dining sharing concept which celebrates not only the pleasure of sharing a gastronomic experience, but also the time spent together with one another.Based on the world of taste of Chef Andreas Caminada, the chefs of each restaurant create imaginative dishes to share, showcasing the best local & regional products combined with a cosmopolitan touch.
- Where is IGNIV from?
The first IGNIV restaurants were launched in the German speaking part of southeast Switzerland.
- What does the name IGNIV mean?
IGNIV means ‘nest’ in Chef Andreas Camindada’s mother tongue Romansh, the fourth official language of Switzerland after Italian, French, and German.
- How many IGNIV destinations do exist?
Bangkok is the fourth IGNIV destination in the world and is the first one outside of Switzerland.
- What are the accolades that IGNIV has received so far?
IGNIV St. Moritz is awarded 2 Michelin Stars and 17 Gault & Millau Points.IGNIV Bad Ragaz is awarded 2 Michelin Stars and recently received 18 Gault & Millau Points.IGNIV Zürich is awarded 1 Michelin Star and 15 Gault & Millau Points.
- How do you describe the food style at IGNIV?
IGNIV presents modern, cosmopolitan cuisine with roots in Europe and infused with influences from all around the world.
- How does the menu look like?
A sharing experience means that each course includes multiple dishes. As such, a 4-course sharing experience features approximately 15 dishes, while a 3-course sharing experience for lunch will comprise approximately 8 dishes in total.4 finger food snacks are served as starters, and the end of a meal is celebrated with the Candy Store™, a continuously evolving wide range of sweets that can be enjoyed at the restaurant or taken home.Dishes change on a seasonal basis several times a year.4-course sharing menuStarter: 4 snacksCourse 1: 4 appetizersCourse 2: 2 appetizersCourse 3: 4 main coursesCourse 4: 5 dessertsSignature IGNIV Candy Store™
- Who is the interior designer?
The design in all IGNIV Restaurants is created by Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola who is based in Italy.
- Tell us more about the FAKE sign!
The interpretation behind this sign is that we live in world full of fakes, such as fake news, fake goods and even emotions. This sign is a constant reminder to all hosts at IGNIV that we must and will stay true to our beliefs and culinary philosophy. We strive to provide all guests with an authentic and natural experience from the sourcing of ingredients to the flavors of the food and the services that you will enjoy at IGNIV. We create real moments of happiness and joy.The sign is created by a neon artist from Switzerland whose creations are also featured in Schloss Schauenstein as well as IGNIV Zurich.
- Are all 4 existing IGNIVs all the same?
No, the difference between the IGNIV restaurants is not only the color scheme and the interior design, but also the style of the food. Each IGNIV head chef has his own style to incorporate local products that are carefully curated and sourced across the entire country. All IGNIV restaurants, however, share the same core signature dishes which showcase the roots of the restaurant concept, for example chicken nuggets and beef tatare.
- What are the operating hours?
(If no other governmental restrictions)Wednesday to SundayLUNCH: 12:00 noon - 3:00 PMLast order for Tasting Menu: 2:00 PMFull lunch tasting menu experience takes 1 – 2 hoursDINNER: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PMLast order for Tasting Menu: 8:30 PMFull dinner tasting menu experience takes 2 – 3 hours
- Can you order a la carte in IGNIV?
Yes, we offer a la carte options for both lunch and dinner.However, we always recommend our guests to order the tasting menu for the complete experience which includes surprise courses and a cheese course.
- Can I order a vegetarian and/or vegan menu at IGNIV Bangkok?
Yes, certainly. Please let us now when making a reservation what food preferences you have.For vegan and other food restrictions, we require at least one day prior notice to be able to guarantee an authentic IGNIV experience.
- Are children welcome at IGNIV Bangkok?
The IGNIV experience is more suitable for adults, but we also welcome children. We offer a full menu depending on the age of the child. The pricing policy for children is individual, based on the personalized menu selection.
- What drinks are offered at IGNIV Bangkok?
We provide wine pairing and beverage pairing options.We also have our own cocktail menu, as well as a menu with soft drinks, beers and digestifs from around Thailand.
- Can I book the IGNIV Bangkok exclusively?
Yes, it is possible on a case-by-case basis.
- Can I order items from the IGNIV Candy store outside of the restaurant?
The IGNIV Candy store is part of the experience that our guests enjoy when they visit us. You can choose some items to enjoy with your coffee/tea after your dining experience. When you just stop by in the middle or after the meal, we are always happy to help you pack up a take-away selection.
- What is the maximum numbers of guests that I can book and sit together?
The biggest table size we have is for 6 persons. We will separate groups over 6 guests on tables next to each other. To ensure timely service, we request groups of 8 or more needs diners to be booked with a tasting menu.
- Did you know?
- Our signature IGNIV Beer is made with a unique recipe developed by Chef David and Chef Arne, specially crafted by our selected partner Mahanakhon Beer. IGNIV Beer is easy on the throat and very refreshing. And… the design of the beer can is based on a drawing by our chefs!
- The coffee served at IGNIV Bangkok is a blend of two different Arabica and one Robusta coffee beans grown here in Thailand. It is produced through a natural fermenting process at medium roast and only available in our restaurant. Our hosts at IGNIV Bangkok will be delighted to share more of our hand-dripped IGNIV Coffee experience with you.
- Most of the vegetables used in IGNIV Bangkok comes from Chiang Mai province in Northern Thailand. Through dedicated tunnel farming by experts, these vegetables are specially farmed for IGNIV Bangkok only and can be found in our seasonal menus.
- Nuts and cocoa beans used in our IGNIV chocolate bar are grown in Thailand, allowing guests to enjoy the most authentic ingredients sourced locally.
- We produce premium water directly on-site through a special filtration system, free from added chemicals or flavors. This innovative process allows us to be environmentally responsible, adhering to our strong philosophy of sustainability.